Nav Menu 1
DISCOUNTED or USED
DISCOUNTED or USED
"ANOTHER JESUS" CALLING: How False Christs Are Entering the Church Through Contemplative Prayer
Quantity in Stock:31
By Warren B. Smith
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED PRICE!
A BIBLICAL CRITIQUE OF SARAH YOUNG'S JESUS CALLING
176 pages | Softbound
Contemplative Prayer | New Age
Lighthouse Trails Publishing
Inspired by the New Age book
, Sarah Young claims to be receiving messages from Jesus Christ which she compiled into what is now her best-selling book, Jesus Calling. Author Warren Smith carefully documents his concerns about her book, her "Jesus," and the New Age implications contained in many of Young's devotional messages. He also warns about the danger of contemplative prayer and in elevating spiritual experiences over the Word of God. "Another Jesus" Calling is his call for much needed discernment in these very deceptive times.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Note to the Reader
PART ONE - GOD CALLING: Ten Concerns
1. Channeled Book From Jesus?
2. Permeated With New Age Terminology
3. God's Universal Spirit?
4. God "in" Everyone?
5. Name it & Claim it
6. Experience Replaces God's Word
7. Jesus Needs Us More Than We Need Him?
8. New Truth & New Revelation
9. The New Age & Psalm 46:10
10. New Age Christianity
PART TWO - JESUS CALLING: Twenty Concerns
1. Inspired by a Channeled New Age Book
2. Channeling Jesus?
3. Test the Spirits
4. Jesus Contradicts Himself?
5. Jesus Tells Us to Laugh at the Future?
6. The Flattery of Jesus?
7. Who Wants Us to Rest by the Wayside?
8. Visualizing Jesus?
9. The Dark Night of Jesus' Birth?
10. Abraham Guilty of "Idolatry" & "Son-Worship"?
11. Contemplative Prayer, the New Age, & Psalm 46:10
12. Practicing What Presence?
13. "Co-creating" with God
14. Quantum Leap, Quantum "Christ"
15. "Cocoon of Light"
16. The "Great Work" of "Divine Alchemy"
17. Jesus is Above All & "in" All?
18. Moving Toward a New Age/New Worldview
19. Would Jesus Magnify His Presence Above the
Word of God?
20. "Another Jesus" Calling
Appendix A - Ten Basic Warnings About Deception
Appendix B - The Gospel of the True Jesus Christ
Appendix C - Ten Ways to Be More Discerning
Note From the Publisher
Warren B. Smith (B.A. University of Pennsylvania; M.S.W. Tulane University) is a former social worker who directed several homeless programs in Northern California and served as a hospice social worker in New Orleans and on the California coast. Because of his past involvement in the New Age movement, he has written extensively on the subject of spiritual deception. He speaks often at conferences in the U.S. and abroad.
LAUGHTER CALLS ME: A young woman's search for truth leads to a courageous battle to save her children
WATERING THE GREYHOUND GARDEN: Stories from the Streets of San Francisco
FOR MANY SHALL COME IN MY NAME: How the "Ancient Wisdom" Is Drawing Millions of People Into Mystical Experiences and Preparing the World for the End of the Age
YOGA and THE BODY OF CHRIST: What position should Christians hold?
THE LIGHT THAT WAS DARK: From the New Age to Amazing Grace
TEMPORAL DELUSION: Is the Church Destined to be Raptured - or to Reign Supreme?
THE HARBINGER: Fact or Fiction?
DECEIVED ON PURPOSE: The New Age Implications of the Purpose-Driven Church
Share your knowledge of this product.
Be the first to write a review »
Browse for more products in the same category as this item: